Even the strongest and healthiest relationships need some attention every once in a while. Don’t get lazy in your love life. Here's advice from marriage therapists for a more loving relationship in the coming year.
- Give each other the best of your time rather than whatever’s left at the end of the day. You guys deserve more quality time than what you give after an exhausting day at the office, so make that a priority.
- Have quarterly “How can I help you achieve your dreams?” meetings. Remind your S.O. that you’re their biggest fan and their sounding board by having regular talks about their goals and aspirations and how you can help them reach them.
- Take time to check in on how you feel about the relationship. If your relationship is on cruise control after years together, stop being complacent and check in with your partner and yourself to see if you’re both still happy and content.
- Make a new year’s resolution specific to your relationship. Commit to cut back on or stop doing something that irks your partner. From leaving hair in the drain to interrupting them, there’s probably something you can work on for your partner’s sake and if you really want to impress them, don’t tell them what you’re doing and just wait for them to respond.
- Treat your relationship like the prize it is. Cherish what you have in your partner and let them know how special they are to you. Put their relationship at the top of your priority list, right behind self-care, or things will start to do downhill.
Source: Huffington Post